Tuesday, July 13, 2010

He's back..... Back HOME!!!

Well, well, well... as it turns out, I am STILL not good at keeping up a blog.

Regardless, I have great news to share!!!

Nathan, my nieces husband - which officially makes him my nephew, is HOME. He arrived HOME from his one-year tour of duty in Afghanistan on July 4th, of all days. Certainly made for a great 4th of July. The best one in my recollection.

Another niece of mine took a photo of Nathan, Ashley and their 2-year-old daughter Cadence Anne. She was looking up at her Daddy.... her expression said to me, "Daddy's HOME, Daddy's HOME, He's REALLY HOME!!!" with such great joy you just have to smile.

Of course Cadence Anne's Mommy was more than delighted too.

In fact, we're all pretty happy our soldier is HOME. Here's to the many family celebrations we will have together again as a family. Gotta love a homecoming.

No comments: